This month I was given the wonderful blog Melissa’s Cuisine for Secret Recipe Club. I haven’t been baking as much as I normally do so I chose a sweet recipe to bake up. I’m always looking for new variations of banana bread, the classic breakfast treat that was always in my house growing up. Nothing will ever beat Mama’s recipe but I have to say this was pretty darn good. Plus it was a cinch to whip together – SCORE! Rolo’s are my thing. I just love caramel and chocolate combined. It was such an ingenious idea to use Rolo candies instead of plain old chocolate chips. Thank you for coming up with it Melissa! I think you and I could be great friends… if only you didn’t live all the way in Michigan!
Rolo Banana Bread (adapted from Melissa’s Cuisine)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Rolo’s, chopped in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Then add banana, butter, milk and eggs. Mix until batter forms and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently fold in Rolo’s. Pour the batter into a well-greased loaf pan. Smooth batter out.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool in baking dish for 30 minutes then remove to cool.